If you have experienced this error message when opening office attachment from your email client (eg Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, MS Mail)
we have the solution for you. ( word, excel, powerpoint ) aka ( xls, doc, ppt, xlsx, docx, pptx )
Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions:
- Check for file permissions for the document or drive.
- Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.
- Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
Office 2010 and 2013 has implemented some form of additional protection against vile and harmful files in email attachments or downloaded from the internet.
However, it may be more of a hassle than convenience for users.
To resolve the issue, this is the quickest way.
Open "Word" and open a blank file template.
Click on "File" on top left corner and click on "Options" in the sidebar.
The Options window should appear.
Click "Trust Center" near the bottom of the left pane.
And click "Trust Center Settings" on the right pane.
A new window titled "Trust Center" should appear.
Click on "Protected View" on the left pane.
- Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet
- Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
Click through on all OK buttons until all option windows are closed.
Perform the same for Excel and Powerpoint.
Source : AskVG
Today is 25th Nov 2015
Time now is 11:46 hrs